When you buy your salmon, ask at the fish counter to have the salmon cut into four 4-ounce fillets with the skin removed.
- 3 Tbsp whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika or ground chipolte pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 4-oz skinless, center-cut, wild-caught salmon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika (or chipotle), pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon.
- Roast until just cooked through (approx. 8-12 minutes)
Quick Tips: Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried, red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor. It can be used in many types of savory dishes. Look for different types of paprika at large supermarkets or online.Wild-caught salmon from the Pacific (Alaska and Washington) are more sustainably fished and have a larger, more stable population.
Per serving 148 calories
4g fat (1g saturated, 2g monounsaturated)
3g added sugars
Nutrition bonus: omega-3 fatty acids