If you have never eaten ricotta cheese for dessert, you are in for a treat. Some of us could eat ricotta cheese mixed with sugar by the spoonful! Add gluten-free chocolate pieces or raspberries for a nice twist.
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Mix together the ricotta cheese, cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar and brown sugar until blended well.
- Taste the mixture and add extra sweetener if desired.
- Separate the ricotta mixture into 4 individual dessert cups.
- Top with sliced banana, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Tip: The ricotta mixture can be made without adding cocoa powder.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutrition Facts per Serving
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 14.6 g
- Calcium: 344 mg
Recipe from 2012 National Nutrition Month – Provided courtesy of John Wiley & Sons, from Easy Gluten-Free: Expert Nutrition Advice with More than 100 Recipes by Tricia Thompson, MS, RD, and Marlisa Brown, MS, RD, CDE, CDN and American Dietetic Association. ©2010, John Wiley & Sons